Friday 11 February 2011

Write Up - My TV Listings Magazine

In Media we were asked to create our very own TV Listings Magazine, using the skills we have learnt throughout the term. I started off by basing mine around the magazine “What’s on TV” and “TV choice” At first it didn’t go very well and  looked very stupid, so i started again. I decided i would use the current main story of Eastenders, using my own idea’s too. With the help of other magazines it helped me make it look like a middle class magazine. I included a title, price, colour theme, main feature and my own mind into it. For the smaller stories i didn’t do all soaps, i did one on coronation street, and the other on a celebrity ice skating competition called “Dancing on Ice” i didn’t know what else to put, so i put in right hand corner an advertisement to win a family holiday!
My price was reasonable and my colours were not bright. I targeted my audience to be around middle aged and younger. I wanted it to be fresh and good looking. I didn’t put a bar code on it though, so it could be, alternatively, at the back. I am happy with my magazine, and compared to the one i didn’t finish, it looks amazing! I think that people would want to buy it if it was on the shelves but not everyone has the same taste.

By Gemma Downey

No comments:

Post a Comment